Monday, March 27, 2017

A Day We Wear Green?

I usually celebrated St Patrick's Day with a hint of green in my clothes for the day.  This holiday didn't really have any special meaning to me growing up, other than I wanted to avoid the pinching, so I wore green :)  The history of this holiday is quite interesting for why it's even celebrated in the US -- however, holidays that encourage more parties/celebrations and more food? Bring it on.

Little did I know, that one year ago on March 17th, I would be in my speckled green hospital gown having a little girl. Now, every St Patrick's Day, I'm reminded of that special day when a piece of heaven entered our life.

Chloe continues to surprise us.  I caught her the other day crawling (on all fours) - which she has never shown an interest to do, but this girl is pro.  I think she's been holding out on us (I think it's because she "thinks" that she can go a lot faster army crawling).  She pulls herself up onto furniture and if there are items on said furniture, she decides it should not be there (books, cups, toys, phones, papers).  It's impossible to be bothered by this though because she giggles while she's pulling everything off - so we just end up singing a lot of "clean up" songs :)

She absolutely loves books.  She loves to flip through them while mumbling to herself - we're working on making those 'words' more clear.  She has become quite attached to me lately and I love it, because it means more cuddles too :)  She loves to blow kisses - and for many different reasons.  She blows kisses on command as well as when told that it's going to be naptime/bed time and we are saying goodnight to Dad.  She has also recently started blowing kisses (on her own), when expressing the word thank you.  The other day as we left her one year check up at the doctor's office, we said thank you at the door, and she continued furiously blowing kisses as loud as she could :) followed by pure joy on her face as she must have been very proud of herself.

For the weekend of her birthday, we got to spend time with my family in Washington - while we spent time with my sister, who was getting ready to leave on a service mission for our Church.  It was a busy weekend, but so fun to spend that time with family.  We celebrated Chloe's first birthday and first introduction to processed sugar . . . she was not impressed!  In fact she despised it -- which I'm grateful for? haha

St Patrick's Day has become a special day in our home as we continue to celebrate the birth of this little lady.

blowing kisses = saying thank you

Chloe's stages of tasting sugar for the first time. . .
Her shamrock cupcake :)

 

 
She instantly regretted the choice of putting it in her mouth herself...

. . . her version of protesting the cupcake
We stopped trying to put any in her mouth after this attempt, because she clearly was not having it . . .
And the moment finished with the face that says it all.